Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Automatic Press Technician – Tier 1 sets up and operates automatic presses to stamp metal parts in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Diploma or GED
- 6 Months experience setting up and operating automatic presses and trouble-shooting dies (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to prove mechanical inclination, computer literacy and general math knowledge through aptitude testing
- Willingness to attend off-site, job-related training classes
- Willingness to train and work on any shift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent work records (including attendance)
- Technicians are responsible for owning a set of approved calipers and micrometers
What you will learn and do:
- Learn to stage, set, and become proficient in troubleshooting dies for automatic presses (using press controls and sensors).
- Learn to load coils, blank feed, operate departmental straighteners and presses to process parts.
- Learn to maintain press fluid levels.
- Learn to prepare, load, and adjust feeders. Verify proper raw material/stock against router and check
- Learn to run parts on the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and interpret the reports to verify the quality of parts sheet.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety, We Can If…Do What It Takes, and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within