Moosejaw is the most fun outdoor retailer ever. We sell the finest gear and outerwear through
moosejaw.com, our catalog, and our 11 retail shops in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts,
Colorado and Missouri. At Moosejaw our goal is to make shopping as much fun as climbing in
the Himalayas. Not that climbing in the freezing cold weather is fun but you know what we
We’re looking for an entry-level Quality Assurance Coordinator to add to our headquarters in
Madison Heights, Michigan. The Quality Assurance Coordinator position is responsible for
helping to develop and grow Moosejaw’s testing practice to support our rapid online growth, as
well as leading quality throughout the software development life-cycle (SDLC). Think of this
QA role as a testing magician. Without the blue books and number 2 pencils. But one of those
sorcerer hats that Mickey Mouse wore would be really cool. This person will be responsible for
testing with different scripts (PayPal, Retail Backbone, moosejaw.com) using an automated tool,and prioritizing issues in order to make monthly changes.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator will work closely with our developers, project manager and
other IT peeps. We’re looking for someone who is great at managing projects, fostering a sense of urgency, being aggressive in pushing for deadlines and communicating issues, identifying and overcoming obstacles, as well as proactive in providing status updates. Plus someone who likes to test and fix things. If you like to shop online, play around with sites and understand what works and what doesn’t, this may be a good fit for you.
- Leading quality throughout the software development life-cycle (SDLC), which includes, but is not limited to:
- Partnering with business users to define deliverables and success criteria for any work created, - Helping define business requirements and analyzing work to be done for any cross functional impact,
- Partnering with developers to ensure design and requirements are understood,
- Building and executing test plan,
- “Testing to break” the developers work and ensuring quality standards are met,
- Working with business users for acceptance and approval of work,
- Documenting deployment processes
- Identifying defects and performance issues on Moosejaw.com as a part of, as well as outside of, work performed during the deployment process
- Using all the tester tools in your toolbox to develop and execute test strategy for each web deployment, as well as any other project assigned. Tools include, but are not limited to:
- Functional testing,
- End-to-end scenario testing,
- Black-box acceptance testing,
- Regression testing,
- An understanding of the ever changing landscape of our business and customer base,
- Your functional knowledge base
- Keeping all tools described above up-to-date
- Providing frequent status reports to project team on deployment cycle – effort, timeline, open issues, user acceptance, and defects introduced – the measured success or failure of a deployment
- Assisting the IT team with all department-related functions and keeping the Associate Project Manager informed on all necessary matters
- Doing really cool stuff that’s worth telling your best friend, neighbor, ex-g/b friend and creepy uncle about
Things we’ll bring to the table:
- Great 401 (k) plan and benefits package. Sorry I had to write that even though it’s boring.
- Casual dress code. Very casual. Like jeans, t-shirts and sneakers. I used the word sneakers instead of gym shoes because I like it better. Just in case you were wondering.
- Coworkers who will laugh at your jokes. Even if they're just being polite.
- Cubicle-free work environment. However, you are encouraged to build a fort around yourself using couch cushions, pillows and blankets from your mom’s house.