The Director of Administration is responsible for all financial, operational, administrative, fund development, marketing and strategic processes. This position has both internal organizational leadership and external facing responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, overseeing the execution of human resource and organizational planning activities and the management of all employees, assuring that the business of Living Arts is carried out efficiently and in full compliance with legal, financial and employment standards, and directing Living Arts’ marketing and fund development strategies. The Director of Administration must exercise strong leadership capabilities internally as well as professionally represent Living Arts with all external contacts. This position promotes the visibility of Living Arts in the community through public relations and advertising while also playing a key role in donor cultivation and revenue development strategies. The Director of Administration requires exceptional communication skills to network with current and potential supporters of Living Arts.
RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS
- Advise the executive director and key staff on marketing and development planning, financial planning, organizational capacity, and other internal policy matters
- Serve as the management liaison to the development, marketing and organizational capacity committees
- Ensure ongoing and consistent quality of marketing, administration, fundraising, communications, and systems
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Direct the operations manager and bookkeeper for optimal efficiency and financial management
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems focusing on future needs and budget
Human Resource Management Responsibilities
- Problem-solve program and operations staffing issues to manage organizational change
- Oversee hiring, termination, development, evaluation of performance, and compensation and benefits of program staff, in collaboration with Director of Programs, as well as operations manager and bookkeeper.
- Perform employee processes of recruiting, reviews, staff deployment, workload balancing, and career progression
- Create training plans
- Responsible for the oversight and management of Living Arts’ benefits package, including working with outside vendors and contractors
- Supervise the bookkeeper, office volunteers, and contractual grant writer
- Provide overall oversight and administration of all financial processes and functions
- Ensure the adequacy and integrity of the financial operations, assuring proper maintenance of financial records and accurate financial reporting
- Direct financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Prepare financial reports and statements for executive director and Board, ensuring timely, accurate and useful financial and management reporting for executive director, Board of Directors, and federal, state and private foundations and donors
- Develop and administer the annual operating budget, regularly monitoring cash flow and ensuring availability of funds as needed
- Lead in developing and coordinating budgets across the organization, reviewing all annual and supplemental budgets and managing budget revision.
- Monitor purchasing and contractual commitments
- Lead audit preparation
- Submit all financial information for grant proposals and reports
- Oversee cash investments, asset management, and financing activities
- Ensure that all conditions and requirements of contracts are met, including hours of service, service delivery, and any quality criteria
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future initiatives
- Direct the design and implementation of fundraising strategies and campaigns, providing and presenting statistical analysis to Executive Director, Board and staff.
- Work with the Executive Director, Board and staff to identify funding opportunities and solicit funds and in-kind support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources.
- Develop a multi-year financial strategy for executive director, including provisions for major funding changes or trends, then implement strategy on an annual basis.
- Make recommendations for maintaining, replacing or developing resources according to program needs, tracking grants and revenue forecasts by program
- Lead donor development and stewardship strategies
- Lead development and distribution of appeal letters and digital campaigns
- Work with staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, and government grants
- Oversee grant research and development and execution of all grant proposals; with a long-term relationship-management approach, supervising contractual grant writer
- Lead the planning and delivery of annual fundraising breakfast
- Supervise and optimize donor data management in GiftWorks, including thank you letters and receipting
Marketing & Communication
- 1. Develop and implement multi-year integrated strategic marketing plan to advance brand identity and execute program and organizational strategies.
- Direct the development and execution of an annual marketing and media relations plan with a virtual and public presence that is responsive to programming, development and other organizational needs
- Cultivate new board members and donors and steward current board members and donors through effective communications
- Increase the visibility of Living Arts programs across key stakeholder audiences, including potential contributors and funding sources
- Spearhead board marketing committee
- Develop media strategy and press releases, cultivating key media contacts
- Oversee development of all print and electronic communications, including monthly e-newsletter and organizational brochure, promotional cards and annual report
- Manage social media—publicize programs and projects
- Lead in fundraising and Public Relations event design and execution, and develop and lead installation promotional banners and other visuals for institutional marketing at various locations
- Serve as point of contact for development of annual organizational video
- Attend community events whenever invited
- Promote support for and visibility of Living Arts through ongoing communication and relationship-building with educational, non-profit, and government personnel through representation of the organization at key community events and initiatives, and media opportunities
Office Management and Technology
- Supervise management of organizational systems, databases and technology
- Determine and develop plans to meet new technology and information management needs