Are you ready to restart your career and build the future? The Amazon Returnship Program offers you an opportunity to reboot your skills, refresh your resume with new experience, and relaunch your journey toward your professional goals in a supportive, real-world environment.
The Operations Returnship Program is a paid 16-week on-site field opportunity available to candidates who are returning to their professional career after experiencing 1 or more years of unemployment and/or underemployment. This role is available in the Greater Detroit Metro.
Our Worldwide Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Area Manager. In this role, you will lead a team of hourly workforce and will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. You will also play a key role in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location.
Our Operation's workflow has three major components: First mile - where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile - where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile - when the product is delivered to the customer's door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Learn more about Amazon Returnships at www.amazon.jobs/returnships
* 1+ year of current unemployment or underemployment
* Upon successful completion of the Returnship Program, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need.
* Returnship candidates should not currently be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree program.
* A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university OR 2+ years Amazon experience
* 3+ years of direct management experience for 15+ employees and their performance
* Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
* Must meet Eligibility Requirement for Returnship Program
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, or related field
* Experience managing a team of 15+ employees
* Experience with process improvements
* Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.