LoveJoy Rehabilitation Centers is a CARF Accredited non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and empowering adults with special needs through a person-centered, community integration approach to meeting their residential and rehabilitative needs. We operate 3 small licensed adult foster care homes for individuals with mental and developmental disabilities and a Supportive Living residential facility located in the Lansing and Detroit Metropolitan Areas.
This is a part-time position
Perform billing and accounting functions for a company that provides both long term care
and outpatient rehabilitation therapy. Candidate must know medical billing standards and
practices. Responsibilities may include all or some of the following: billing, journal entries,
account reconciliation, and audit preparation assistance.
The AR Clerk will at times be required to interface with operational managers and
occasionally with the Executive Board.
• Prepares, maintains and is knowledgeable of resident accounts; distributes account
• Performs billing for any combination of the following: Medicare, Medicaid and other
• Maintains company cash accounts, accurately records changes and adjustments in
• Provides information to clients, their family members and all third party vendors and/or
• Managing receivables and follow up on past due accounts
statements accurately recording disbursements, billing charges, receipts and all other
adjustment transactions on billing statements.
third party billing.
appropriate documents; performs timely account reconciliation of Company bank accounts.
inquiries made regarding accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Physical effort generally not required.
• Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions.
• Interacts with residents, family members, and third party vendors frequently.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 years experience in accounts receivable in a health care community or medical setting
• Familiarity and working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Microsoft Word and other
• Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills.
types of medical billing software.