Title: Lead Design Engineer
The primary job responsibility of the Lead Design Engineer is to lead by example in a hands-on management style with drive and inspiration to foster team work. The Lead Design Engineer will manage and participate in significant contributions to the organization by producing and leading the efforts of others in the creation of engineering documents, depicting applications of our products and services for use in sales, commissioning and service. The Lead Design Engineer ensures production is accurate, neat, complete, and on-time.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related HVAC design engineering field
- 10+ years experience designing products in an HVAC industry
- 5+ years in supervisory or management role
- Energy Analysis experience
- Thorough knowledge and practical application of HVAC engineering design, theories, principles and practices
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling
- Control System integration experience
- Basic control design experience
- Willingness to work 40+ hours per week
- Willingness to travel domestically from 2-3 times per month
- Communication Skills-ability to transmit information and instructions in a clear and effective manner ensuring full understanding.
- Writing Skills-ability to write clearly, legibly and with proper grammar to fully convey the meaning of each message.
- Listening skills- ability to listen effectively to problems, complaints, conflict; ability to encourage working together to solve any issues that arise; ability to create an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment; ability to proactively identify and solve problems and manage conflict.
- Continuous Improvement Skills- ability to continuously learn and increase knowledge in order to convey important information to others; ability to share information and improve methods for the entire company.
- Team skills- ability to organize and delegate tasks according to the skill set of each employee in order to increase productivity and enhance functionality as well as build strong work relationships between all employees. Excellent problem solving and time management skills necessary.
- Coaching Skills-ability to conduct performance reviews and periodic status checks of objectives; ability to convey the direction or steps needed to improve skills or performance while keeping the needs of each employee in mind; ability to successfully motivate staff. Provide technical advice and guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Provides technical/engineering advice and guidance to sales & operations teams.
- Undertakes in-depth analysis/studies of problems and identifies longer-term solutions and/or options.
- Undertake engineering design projects, generating complete mechanical, electrical & control packages for suppliers, including 3D CAD models, 2D drawings, top-level BOMs, parts and system specifications.
- Leading and participating in brainstorming sessions and other team meetings intended to establish priorities and performance goals based on client objectives.
- Carry out site/vendor visits.
- Preparation of client proposals, including project execution budgets as well as prototype and end-product cost estimates, preparation of submittals/arrange delivery of submittals.
- Design and optimization of mechanical components.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with system engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of design or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Ensure that all final project designs achieve client and end-user requirements and that they emphasize the merging of aesthetic design intent with proficient implementation.
- Computer Skills-knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software. Ability to develop presentations, produce reports, create financial analysis, and build graphs while using the most efficient methods. Prepare documents and reports to support studies/recommendations.
- Business Analysis Skills-identifying and implementing process improvements for internal and external benefit and preparing best practices and lessons-learned documents.
- Resource Management Skills- ability and knowledge of how to access and organize valuable data for decision making and resource management; ability to research answers. Proactively monitor, review and analyze equipment performance. Updating job progress data base and provide data entry support for other engineering programs.
- Project management Skill-ability to negotiate effectively and delegate tasks according to deadline, budget, and intended purpose while maintaining objectives that are specific and achievable.
Who should apply?
Are you an organized leader who is results driven? Do you have a strong eye for detail, a passion for delivering innovative product experiences with impeccable quality? Do you have a drive and inspiration to foster team work and improve customer satisfaction? Do you have a collaborative style and the ability to lead by example in a hands-on style? If so, please apply through our website (https://www.ingenuityieq.com/careers/application/). No phone calls or employment agency contacts, please.
(Note: We are an SDVOSB firm and encourage veterans to apply)