Precision Aerospace Corp, a division of Tribus Aerospace, is US owned and operated. We service high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver complex, short run close tolerance machined parts and value-added assemblies. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part opportunities.
We desire to build a work culture that reflects our PAC Values. This needs to be a culture Accountability, Adaptability and Achievement. For us to thrive and grow, we need to measure ourselves and constantly seek ways to improve. We also need to stay focused on the needs of the customer. This means we all are accountable to the customer and we strive to make them completely satisfied in our quality and delivery.
This also means that we want to hire and develop top quality talent who are smart, motivated and focused. Some people may not be comfortable in this dynamic and demanding culture and environment. Our long term associates have found that they like the status of working in the aerospace industry. They enjoy working with a higher level of technology and executing a higher level of workmanship.
We are looking for a CMM Technician to work day shift hours.
CMM Technician Overview
Precision Aerospace is looking for an CMM Technician to help support its manufacturing operations in Grand Rapids, MI. This position requires strong technical and problem-solving skills, as well as a focus on customer service.
- Ability to program and operate a Zeiss CNC CMM with Calypso familiarity.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, supervisors, engineers, and skilled trades to meet customer/shop floor needs.
- Recommend, implement as directed, support, and provide continuous improvement of lean measuring systems through effective programming and up to date measuring practices.
- Design adequate work holdings for part inspection.
- Troubleshoot and solve both machine issues and related problems in the measuring process.
- Train manufacturing and quality personnel on CMM machines.
- Assist in measurement development for NPD components and the continuous improvement process for existing components.
- Maintain 5s in CMM work areas.
- Flexibility with work shift to support production needs.
- Comply with all PAC policy.
- Two years successful prior Essential Duty related experience.
- Some machining experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators
- Strong specific knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T, measurement technologies, setup, tooling and fixture techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft tools such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
- This position operates in both a lab and shop floor environment.
- Able to move about the plant and engage Associates in their work cells.
- Satisfactory scheduled eye examinations as required by procedures
- Successful completion of a medical exam and drug screening required prior to employment at PAC