Interfacing with our numerous North America Clients (internal) to provide Intellectual Property support of the business processes of the company and its affiliates. Within the Legal Department (IP team / IP network) the Patent Analyst will be collaborating with the engineers and the business operatives’ study the IP related requests and provide initial counsel on the technical elements of the invention exploitation, validity, IP matters and protection strategy etc.
- Advise and assist internal clients in the matters of invention exploitation :
- Conduct regular and transverse prior art studies and analysis during or after product conception
- Study and analyze competitors patents and patent portfolios
- Participate actively in the IP studies of the different R&D projects and assume the follow-up of such projects
- Evaluate and analyze technical documents (plans etc.),
Advise the clients on patentability matters and innovation matters :
- Initial evaluation of innovations proposed for protection,
- Invention analysis and initial technical analysis for potential patentability,
- Prior art studies,
- Assist Inventors to improve the quality of invention disclosures with added illustrations, pictures, improved disclosure descriptions and/or improved concept development
- Facilitating the brainstorming sessions on new concepts, including the encouraging of submissions of new inventions
- Assist IP Manager and local Global Legal Counsel with the timely management of invention disclosure/ patent applications to facilitate the completion of the patent applications.
- Support internal projects and developments, support and participate in IP strategy matters:
- Assist the IP network to increase the awareness of the R&D teams of IP strategic questions and IP risk management,
- Provide technical surveillance of competitors and active patents related to the activity of the company.
Coordinate the matters of filing of patent applications(assume the link between the inventor and IP
- Manager and local Global Legal Counsel for filing the patent
- Assist IP Manager and local Global Legal Counsel on potential litigation matters (defense/offense) related to IP
4. Advise the client on matters related to Trademarks:
Conduct preliminary trademark searches to understand trademark landscapes within US
Follow up regarding Statement of Use for purposes of maintaining Trademarks in US
Provide guidance to local marketing and manufacturing units on proper use of trademarks
Day to day tasks:
- Complete, maintain, analyze and use databases – internal and external
Participate in the IP network exchanges, committees and activities etc...
Key responsibility is to determine the patentability of the technology, analyzing the related claims, claims mapping, scope of claims, portfolio analysis, patent valuation etc. Also, analyzing the key developments in the foreign markets and be involved in every stage of the project life cycle
|Required Skills |
|•Engineer – Bachelor of Science. – Engineering background with a comfort with technical products•Previous patent analysis or patent searching experience preferred/inventor of Patent is a plus.• Top notch analytical and communication skills• Self-starter and highly motivated• Prefer some acquaintance with the usage of databases and search tools like Questel, Micropatent, USPTO, EPO, STN, DIAM’S, etc• Patent research skills, Intellectual Property,Any foreign language is highly appreciated – especially French or German.Available to spend three to four weeks in Grenoble, France at the RayGroup headquarters for orientation and training. |