MPHI works with you to advance population health through innovation and collaboration. Our direct experience, at both local and national levels, informs our services including analysis, capacity building, education, evaluation, facilitation, implementation, outreach, project management, research, and solutions development.
Title: Business Development Administrator
$24.04 - $27.88 / Posted Thru: 1-15-23
Location: Remote - Okemos, MI
Purpose: Under general supervision of Chief Program Officer, provide high-level administrative assistance and technical support for a wide range of activities related to supporting the Chief Program Officer and Business Development office. A broad knowledge of office administration and grant application development is needed to be successful in this position. Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment is crucial. Strong organization skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Related to Chief Program Officer:
* Anticipate and provide a broad range of confidential administrative support for the CPO, including developing meeting agendas and ensuring proper distribution, preparing background materials for meetings, attending meetings, and transcribing minutes as requested.
* Coordinate monthly Breakfast Club seminars. Build agendas, schedule speakers, coordinate technical support with MPHI Communications/Media team, arrange for catering, if applicable.
* Prepare project reports, such as quarterly New Projects report for the Board, by gathering and summarizing information. Adhere to tight deadlines.
* Prepare and provide CPO with all preparatory materials for appointments and meetings.
* Make catering arrangements for all meetings, as requested.
* Manage documents, including setting up and maintaining CPO files of highly confidential data and information of major importance; organizing, tracking, and saving documents created and received by the CPO.
Related to Business Development:
* Become familiar with non-affiliate staff project interests and expertise.
* Research and identify new funding opportunities using a variety of resources.
* Contribute to completing the Business Development Team’s duties.
* Support efforts to diversify funding portfolio.
* Research new potential resources to access new funding opportunities.
* Support efforts to pursue contracts.
* Support development of new tools and guidance, etc., as necessary, to assist staff members’ pursuit of new funding.
* Analyze new potential funding opportunities for fit across all MPHI centers.
* Outline requests for proposals to identify programmatic and administrative requirements.
* Identify requirements for successful online application submissions.
* Attend proposal meetings as needed.
* Set proposal milestone schedules.
* Develop guidance documents for proposal writing teams.
* Communicate proposal requirements to external partners and manage incoming information.
* Proofread and edit proposal documents.
* Become familiar with requirements for online proposal application portals; populate online sites.
* Communicate clearly to proposal writing teams and Finance and Contracts staff.
* Play a key role in finalizing proposal packages for submission to funder.
* Maintain the Proposal Assistance Library (PAL).
* Maintain database of submitted competitive proposals.
* Analyze and provide data related to submitted proposals as needed.
* Track status of non-competitive, non-Master agreement projects.
* Maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional, and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant to MPHI projects and always represent the best interest of MPHI.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, master’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience in office or other business setting, which includes regular contact with a wide variety of people and progressive responsibility for administrative duties.Experience supporting development of grant applications preferred.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work productively in a fast-paced team environment with competing deadlines.
* Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
* Strong organization and communication skills required.
* Self-directed and able to set priorities and attend to multiple tasks.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
* Basic working knowledge and skills using SharePoint preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of grant application development is needed.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Job may require moderate physical effort including lifting materials and equipment of <35# and involve viewing CRT or VDT screen 50 to 75% of the time. Standard office environment; may require occasional participation in off-site functions. May require valid vehicle operator’s license where needed to perform the duties of the position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS: No assigned responsibility.
IMPACT ON PROJECTS, SERVICES AND OPERATIONS: This position will ensure the smooth operation of the CPO office and proposal development processes and will provide support to MPHI employees. Competent performance in this position has a substantial impact on the integrity and professional reputation of MPHI, including meeting the needs of MPHI clients in a timely manner, maintaining professional relationships, and enhancing the potential for future contracts with clients.
MPHI Chief Program Officer
MPHI Senior Development Manager
MPHI Business Development Coordinator
Collaborate on Business Development activities
MPHI Assistant Administrator
Collaborate on Business Development activities
Forward inquiries, process applications/required MPHI project documentation, respond to requests for information as appropriate
For purposes of employment standards, this classification is “Non-Exempt” from overtime provisions of the fair Labor Standards Act.