We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush is searching for a Machining Cost Estimator II to join our team. The Machining Cost Estimator II will analyze blueprints, computer aided design (CAD) files, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time and cost estimates for the aerospace, military, entertainment, and automotive industries. The role will analyze requests for quote (RQF) packages and work closely with a cross functional team to develop quotes. The Machining Cost Estimator II will stay current with the machining market and industry processes. This position is based in Farmington, MI.
As a Machining Cost Estimator II, you will be responsible for:
- Analyzes RFQ packages containing customer requirements, supplied blueprints, drawings, CAD files, parts lists, and other data to determine feasibility, manufacturing, and inspection requirements.
- Works closely with the quote team, purchasing personnel, engineering, and plant management to establish required cost data.
- Develops costing on all processes required, including machining, finishing, outside services, inspection, and assembly processes. These estimates will be used by management for purposes such as organizing and scheduling work and determining cost effectiveness of make versus buy analysis.
- Verify accuracy and finalize quote packages.
- Display awareness of competitive market and cutting-edge manufacturing processes.
- Make recommendations to improve the manufacturing processes.
- Track variances between estimated cost and actual cost to evaluate the accuracy of the utilized quote.
Minimum qualifications to be considered as a Machining Cost Estimator II:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent precision machined parts cost and estimating experience in a low to medium volume shop environment.
- Knowledge of materials, machine processes, outside services, inspection requirements, and quality systems.
- Computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, Teams, and using Excel based costing software.
- Ability to use CAD software to review models as needed.
- Ability to read blueprints including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a reliable self-starter with the having the ability to multi-task, work in a team environment with faced paced activity and deadlines.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Ability to quote work for machining, processing, CNC 3, 4, and 5 axis mills, CNC Lathes, and EDM Machines. Ability to produce quotes for cylinder heads, blocks, and various engine parts.
- Fabrication experience.
- Ability to quote low-volume and medium to high-volume machining packages.
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.