Job Seeker Safeguards
- Personal Contact Information: Job seekers control the amount of personal contact information they want made available to employers who access their resume.
- User ID and Password: A job seeker's unique email address will be used as their User ID. The job seeker is then allowed to create their own Password. This User ID and Password is required for all future access to their account and profile. For security purposes, the system will prompt users to change their password every 180 days.
- Privacy: A job seeker's personal data is never transmitted with the Password to employers.
- Fees: Employers may not charge a fee to provide a job seeker with access to a job referral or as a condition of accepting a job.
- Labor Dispute: Employers may not use the service to recruit replacement workers in a labor dispute, either through job postings or resume searches.
- Profile Information/Resume Use: Employers may not use job seeker profile information or resumes from this site (whether received by searching or from the job seeker responding to a job posting) for any purpose other than to fill an immediate job opening. Employers may not resell or repost profile information or resumes found on this site, whether in whole or in part.
- Jobs Posted: Jobs posted are required by employers to be for an immediate opening. Business opportunities are not considered immediate openings. Job Seekers may report suspected abuses of this requirement by clicking “Report this Job” in the Job Tools section of the job posting.
- Monetary Investment: Employers may not require a significant monetary investment by the job seeker in order to obtain employment. Usual and customary licensing fees or certifications are acceptable. Application fees, purchasing kits, work-from-home plans where costs are incurred, etc., are not acceptable.
- Fraudulent Activity: While Pure Michigan Talent Connect takes reasonable precautions against fraudulent activity and validates employers who post on the site, job seekers are requested to be cautious with any online job searching. Please report any potential abuse of the system by an employer to our office. If you believe your personal information is being used fraudulently, please contact your local authorities. Please visit Online Job Search Safety for more information.
- Personal Identifiable Information: For your own safety, and the protection of your information, please refrain from storing documents containing any Personal Identifiable Information such as social security number, date of birth, financial information, etc. in your job seeker account.
Job Seeker Responsibilities
- Posting of Material: Job seekers are prohibited from posting or transmitting any content that is obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate. The Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan will cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting or transmitting any such information or materials.
- Job Seeker Status and Updates: Job seekers are responsible for maintaining their own career status, visibility to employer status, and profile updates. A ninety-day (90) period of inactivity will render a job seeker as unsearchable to employers. A job seeker’s account will remain active, but their profile will not be returned in employer candidate searches if the account has not been logged into within the past 90 days. A job seeker’s profile will become searchable again immediately upon login.
- Reporting Abuse: Job seekers are asked to assist us in maintaining the proper use of the system by reporting employers who do not follow the rules as described above. A “Report this Job” feature is found on each job posting. All reports are investigated by agency staff and addressed as appropriate.
1-888-522-0103 Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, or write to:
Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan
Attn: Pure Michigan Talent Connect
201 N. Washington Square, 3rd Floor
Lansing, MI 48913
By clicking on the box below, you agree with the terms of this Statement. Whenever you submit information, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Statement.
The information provided below is for establishing a Pure Michigan Talent Connect account.
This information is not viewable unless noted ( ◀ ). On the next page, you will have the option to opt out of being
viewable or searchable by employers.
NOTE: Your email address will be your user ID. Emails from Talent Connect will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this address to your address book to ensure you will receive messages from the system.
Choose Your Security Questions
This will help you gain access to your account if you forget your email address
or password. You cannot reselect the same question.
Note: The answers to the security questions are not case sensitive.
When an employer performs a candidate search, the system searches the information you provide below.*
Use these fields to enter in job skills and abilities not covered above (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, 3 years, or Cost Accounting, 4 years)
This will be your primary resume. You can upload additional resumes, or build a
resume after your account is created.
*By signing up for an account, the information provided on this screen is viewable by employers.
You are able to change your privacy settings, under "My Account", once you've created an account.