*This position requires an individual bilingual in Arabic and English - speaking, reading, writing*
The Employment Service Coordinator is responsible for providing direct supervision of staff and oversight of ES program operations at all DESC center locations in accordance with provisions in the ES manual and local policies and procedures. This person is also responsible for coordination of facilities and services to customers with DESC and the One Stop Center partner agencies. This includes the identification and development of resources, materials, and sources of opportunities to promote placement of qualified Employment Service customers into suitable employment. The Employment Service Coordinator will promote excellence in customer service, provide guidance, direction and instruction to center ES staffs, coordinate scheduling to maintain proper coverage of all centers, and provide accurate reporting of ES data.
- Oversees the daily operations of the ES Center to ensure high quality service delivery to all customers in adherence with program regulations, agency policies, and state mandates.
- Coordinates staff scheduling to ensure sufficient coverage of the ES Center at all times, employee attendance tracking and recording, and data gathering to ensure compliance with and support of reported levels of service.
- Maintains effective and mutually beneficial relationships to enhance the One Stop Center services with One Stop staff and partners, including actively participating in regular meetings and coordinating communication between center and program staffs.
- Compiles and submits required reports within specified deadlines ensuring accuracy of data and maintains the necessary back-up records to support data and reporting for the center. Ensures confidentiality of records in compliance with the ES manual guidelines and local policies.
- Provides direction and guidance for ES staffs and on-going coaching to meet quality and performance goals. Trains new staff in center operations, monitors professional development and maintains staff performance tracking and evaluations.
- Maintains and orders supplies through the ES Program Manager and coordinates facility, equipment and IT support through procedures appropriate to each center.
- Facilitates quality customer service while providing a user-friendly atmosphere in the Service Centers.
- Presents program orientation sessions at various events, meetings, rapid response worker orientations, and community agencies to market services available at the various
- May facilitate job search skills workshop sessions to include Michigan Talent Connect system, resume writing, interviewing and mock interviewing and use of various Internet based job search resources.