Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic individual to lead our Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates youth services team. The Northwest Michigan Works! Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates Manager plays an active role in serving at risk youth throughout the 10 county region of Northwest Lower Michigan.
The Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates mission is to equip young people to overcome barriers and win at education, employment and as citizens. We envision a world where every young person is educated, employed and career bound.
If you enjoy leading, being part of a professional team, and are a creative and innovative thinker, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions
As a key member of the Northwest Michigan Works! leadership team, the Jobs for Michigan’s Graduate Manager oversees a team of program specialists as they implement the Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates curriculum at seven partnered locations.
- Develops and leads a high functioning youth services team as they work to implement program objectives.
- Collaborates with regional and state-level partners and agencies to enrich the lives of at risk youth.
- Ensures the Northwest Michigan Works! Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates team operates effectively and efficiently.
- Recognizes, develops and implements initiatives to increase effectiveness of standard programming.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Northwest Michigan Works! leadership team to ensure services are delivered effectively.
- Ensures team members adhere to the highest customer service standards and achieve program goals.
- Models and upholds a professional and positive work culture.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience working with youth in an educational setting desired
- Work experience leading geographically separated teams preferred
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise others
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in computer operations including data bases and business software
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time salaried position paying $50,000 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.