The Program Facilitator works in coordination with the Employment Service staff to provide expert advice, career coaching, and professional support for job seekers and employers in utilizing on-line, center, local/state/community, and program resources. The Program Facilitator is also responsible for providing timely and accurate information regarding the services available to customers, and assisting in the development, implementation and training for workshops, programs, orientations, Job Club, and special events funded through DESC Programs at assigned center locations. The Program Facilitator Provides training, coaching, and assistance to DESC ES staff at designated centers, satellite sites and mobile units. This position requires availability for events which occasionally may be held during evenings and weekends.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operates within the Employment Service department, ensuring high quality service delivery to all customers in adherence with program regulations, agency policies and State mandates.
- Develop and maintain workshop-related materials, including, but not limited to, program development, program delivery, curriculum and corresponding material. Assist in mentoring staff in self-directed job-search skills, model and participate in team cross-training events.
- Assists in the facilitation of orientations, Job Club, workshops, events, including rapid response events as needed.
- Maintains effective and mutually beneficial relationships with staff and partners to enhance delivery of Center services. This includes actively participating in meetings, as requested.
- Performs program orientation sessions at various events, meetings, worker orientations and community agencies in order to market WIA Program and services available.
- Develop job search skills workshop sessions including, resume writing, interviewing and mock interviewing and various internet-based job search resources.