Environmental Health and Safety Manager - 062534
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Milan, MI facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EHS Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EHS.
In this role, EHS Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Providing leadership and direction to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
* Developing and aligning facility EHS programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EHS plan
* Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization
* Ensuring the EHS vision is developed and integrated in facilities
* Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
* Ensuring incentive metrics are performance based
* Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization through integration of the EHS Management System
* Ensuring EHS system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations
* Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
* Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
* Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
* Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
* Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
* Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
* Utilizing development plans to grow the teams’ EHS skills and knowledge
* Fostering an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/ orientation/gender identity