Looking for a Diesel Mechanic Assistant for position based in Utica to ride along in company vehicles to repair sites and assist Mechanic.
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations.
- Hold and supply tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers.
- Position machinery, equipment, and other objects for assembly or installation.
- Adjust and maintain tools, equipment, and machines and assist more skilled workers with similar tasks. Must be able to take direction from experienced Mechanics.
- Tend, observe, and maintain a safe environment at all times.
Must be mechanically inclined and able to work outside in all conditions, rain or shine., and in loud environments. We are looking for someone reliable, has general repair knowledge, who will respect safety rules, and bring stamina and trunk strength to the job.
Pay based on experience. Certifications are helpful but not required. Knowledge of hand instructions for backing up trailers is helpful but not required. Uniforms and tools provided by the employer, but the employee must have steel-toed boots.