- Greet and assist customers in an engaging and professional manner.
- Should be enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Should assist the customers at the counter with their questions and order pickups and at the same time provide them with the resolution effectively.
- Should ask questions and provide relevant information to the customers that they might need and then list down the options which the customers might purchase thereby providing them excellent service.
- Must treat all the customers with respect and courtesy.
- Able to record customer information into internal ERP system, this includes customer details, orders, pricing, quotations. Should also be able to retrieve it whenever needed.
- Need to follow up on the orders which the customer makes and should be upbeat while resolving problems and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Should also update the product details with any of the resources working in a continuous manner.
- Keep yourself updated with the product inventory and its functionality.
- Communicate effectively with the customers regarding any relevant procedures and policies which might be beneficial to them.
- Must check the quantity and the quality of the product which is brought into the warehouse, need to verify it depending on the order made initially.
- Ensure that each product is stacked as per their location in the warehouse and organize it effectively.
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Should ensure that they follow each safety rules assigned.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and follow company dress code.
- Fastener knowledge required
- Data entry and computer skills required
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- 2 yrs of customer service experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
Company Description: Suburban Bolt & Supply is a family, veteran-owned and operated business, founded in 1971. We are a Metro Detroit institution, providing over 48 years of unparalleled customer service in distribution and sales of industrial supplies. We are a premier supplier of high-quality fasteners, cutting tools, abrasives, PVF, shop supplies, and safety products.
At Suburban Bolt & Supply we offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package with opportunity for advancement