This job was posted by the Macomb-St.Clair Workforce Development Board, Inc. for Macomb Sheet Metal Incorporated.
Position Description: Pressbrake Operator
Reports to Plant Manager
Summary: Form (bend) parts as assigned and required to meet customer tolerance and quality specifications with production schedule requirements. Ensure work performed is in accordance with the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System and all standards of Macomb Sheet Metal Inc. and all state and federal regulations. May be required to perform other tasks and special projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Set up and run manual and CNC press brake equipment.
- Form parts to customer specifications using both single and multi axis press brakes.
- Select, design and modify tooling as required and within established approval guidelines.
- Inspect and verify that bends meet specifications as noted in drawings, blueprints, setup sheets, etc. Verify flat pattern developments.
- Accurately complete setup sheets.
- Stack and protect parts as required to maintain specified quality standard.
- Calculate run times and prioritize jobs to maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Program and download operational programs.
- Daily operation and maintenance of press brake machinery.
- Operate fork truck, pallet jacks, hand tools and accurate use of precision measuring tools.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible to provide to enhance existing production methods and to assist in developing and training on new processes and procedures.
Education and Skill Requirements: High school diploma or GED equivalent previous experience operating press brake, ability to read blueprints and to use appropriate hand measuring tools, flat pattern development, for truck driving experience, ability to lift 50 lbs, mechanical aptitude required.
Physical Demands: Regularly requried to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach, speak and hear clearly, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs and maybe require infrequently to lift up to 100 pounds.
Work Environment: Required to work near machinery or moving parts, explosives or work in high precarious places. May be exposed to loud noises, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor conditions, extreme cold or heat risk of radiation or vibrations.
Work Schedule/Hoursa: Variable hours to be term determined at the discretion of management. Hours are subject to change as work requires.
Travel: May occasionally be required to travel out of the office for meetings, errands, seminars or training classes. Infrequent overnight travel maybe also required.