The Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square is a BRAND NEW, 139 room hotel located off of US 131 in Petoskey, Michigan. This new hotel is scheduled to open July 2019. Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square has partnered with American Hospitality Management and will offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. AHM presents opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions as well as to learn, develop, and grow your career for the future. With this hotel opening, we are searching for engaged and caring individuals who are energetically ready to work hard for success.
We are currently searching for Laundry Attendants to join our team at the NEW (currently under construction, scheduled to open July of 2019) Courtyard by Marriott, Petoskey at Victories Square, Petoskey, Michigan. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and produce high guest satisfaction ratings. The right candidate must possess a friendly, courteous demeanor to all guests and fellow team members. Strive to deliver a “wow” factor of hospitality to all guests. Candidate must be able to work some weekends, holidays, multi-task and deal in a fast paced environment. We are looking to hire Laundry Attendant positions prior to opening date. This is a non-exempt, full and part time positions available.
Responsible for collecting and washing hotel beddings, towels and cloths. Folding and distribution to designated destination.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate and monitor washing, and drying machinery, including adding chemicals and cleaning lint traps. Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair, spot treatment, rewash, or discard.
- Inspect cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer, or machines and place in clean linen carts.
- Set dryers to designated times and temperatures based on fabrics contained in load. Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, filters, and drain trap after each load.
- Fold cleaned articles into designated size, either by hand or using folding machine.
- Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours per day. All employees both management and hourly must realize this fact and be willing to hold a flexible schedule that includes: nights, weekends and holidays