Reference Code: 58562
Location: United States (US) - Mancelona, MI
Job Category: Pipeline/Power Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 06/20/2019
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our USPO Great Lakes/Blue Lake team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Michigan to support the operation and maintenance of our natural gas pipelines and associated facilities throughout Mancelona and the surrounding area.
We are seeking a skilled Mechanical Technician who possesses knowledge and experience of high pressure natural gas pipeline and gas storage systems, as well as reciprocating engines. This individual must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
What you ll do
* Troubleshoot, operate and maintain gas-fired large-bore reciprocating engines, gas compressors, standby generator engines, centrifugal and diaphragm pumps, low pressure boilers, oil coolers, air compressors, large-bank cooler fans and gear boxes, large diameter valves and operators, and other auxiliary equipment
* Assist in full or partial large-bore reciprocating engine/gas compressor overhauls, including heads, pistons, rings, liners, pins, bushings, and bearings
* Operate compressor engines and support equipment
* Maintain and repair pipeline
* Operate and maintain valves and operators
* Inspect, repair and set regulators and relief valves
* Blow down, purge and pressurize pipelines and/or stations
* Storage field facility operations and maintenance
* Perform line locates on company pipelines and/or utility line patrols and associated ROW maintenance
* Plan, coordinate and perform mechanical maintenance activities, to include routine corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, equipment and system improvements and major maintenance projects
* Complete work orders, enter data into job plans, create new work orders, etc. in SAP
* Other tasks as required
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Relevant industry experience
* Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting large-bore reciprocating engines
* Knowledge of internal combustion engines, reciprocating and centrifugal gas compressors, and standby generators
* Industrial experience in a plant environment
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver s license and safe driving record
Apply to this posting by 06/20/2019 using reference code 58562. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Traverse City
Nearest Secondary Market: Northern Michigan
Job Segment: Technician, ERP, Temporary, Bank, Banking, Technology, Contract, Finance.
Employer's Job# 2FA4CBE6-01AB-4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.