Northwest Michigan Works! is looking for a dynamic and dedicated new team member. We are looking for someone that can help support our Business Services team as the new Business Services Coordinator. Leading this team of professionals in assisting local employers with their workforce needs and developing lasting relationships with our partners to do the same are key components to this position. This position's home base will be Traverse City but area of responsibility will extend to all of ten of our counties in Northwest Lower Michigan.
An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Direct and oversee program operations for all aspects of the Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services team.
- Provide direct supervision for all Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services staff.
- Work closely with the Northwest Michigan Works! leadership on the visionary and strategic direction of the Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services team.
- Manages budgets and grant opportunities as they pertain to Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services team operations.
- Interface with Networks Northwest financial management, community development, business development and facilities management staff to ensure efficient use of all assigned resources.
- Ensure all Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services programs meet or exceed assigned performance standards. Develop and implement corrective action as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with federal, state and local personnel.
- Interface with local and regional counterparts in the fields of education, workforce and economic development, business, government, and human services to further the mission and reputation of the Northwest Michigan Works Business Services team.
- Participate in state and federal meetings, groups and initiatives as requested by Northwest Michigan Works! leadership.
- Network and maintain relationship with other internal Business Services teams, such as, the Small Business Development Center, Procurement and Technical Assistance Center, Apprenticeships and Business Resource Networks, Michigan Economic Development Corporation's International Trade program and others.
- Prepare and present reports as requested.
Compensation: This full-time professional position is entitled to Northwest Michigan Works full fringe benefit package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, retirement contribution, vacation time, sick time. Position is afforded use of a laptop computer, smart-phone and agency vehicle for job-related use. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.