We bring you the future you were always promised.
Henry Ford completely changed the world of transportation. Dataspeed is doing it again. Founded in 2008, Dataspeed has been transforming the automotive, mobility and industrial industries through the highly specialized development of drive-by-wire Autonomous Vehicles (AV). From highly-complex software engineering to dynamic mechanical systems, Dataspeed’s expert engineers understand the electronics, software and hardware applications needed to develop innovative solutions. Dataspeed’s ADAS Kit forms the base for a driverless development vehicle. This technology allows car companies, automotive suppliers, and universities to create their own driverless car solutions and save time in the development process. With over 450 AV test vehicles on the road today, equipped with our technology, Dataspeed is motivated to make technology safe, reliable and cost-effective. The future you were always promised.
The Industry-Leading Drive-by-Wire Kit
Over 450 vehicles have been outfitted with the ADAS Kit.
Dataspeed’s ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) Kit provides a unique and compatible research and development platform for Autonomous Vehicle (AV) technologies. The ADAS Kit allows for seamless control over a vehicle’s throttle, brake, steering and shifting to enable testing for AV applications. Additionally, the ADAS Kit features full by-wire control with little modification to the vehicle, and without adding any actuators. Dataspeed’s growing fleet of autonomous test vehicle platforms includes the Ford Fusion, Lincoln MKZ, Chrysler Pacifica, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Ford F150.
Position Overview - Autonomous Vehicle Technical Business Development Manager
Represent Dataspeed Inc. Business Development interests as first regional employee in Silicon Valley area.
Provide the business and technical acumen required in customer engagements to build credibility, increase application insight, and identify increase revenue opportunities for autonomous vehicle technology. Example target accounts may include Mobility as a Service startups and suppliers developing artificial intelligence systems for autonomous vehicles.
To accomplish this objective, the BDM will work with the Metro Detroit Leadership Team to refine existing account plans and identify target accounts driving innovation in autonomous vehicles. In addition, the BDM will communicate with key collaboration partners to identify new markets and jointly develop new business. A strong predictor of success in this role is the ability to develop relationships with highly technical customers and frame up innovative solutions to unsolved problems.
- Establish a presence and connection with strategic customers developing AV technologies in the Silicon Valley region.
- Develop and execute growth initiatives to expand market share in autonomous vehicle platform and function applications. An expected key sales objective for this role is the number of won opportunities at new accounts or existing accounts.
- Identify and prioritize the top market needs for autonomous vehicle applications at target accounts .
- Own specific objectives/activities on account plans designed to meet growth objectives.
- Act as a business and technical consultant to customers and prospects to define requirements, assess fit and deliver complex system solutions.
- Influence product roadmaps and ecosystem strategy by providing deep industry insight back into organization. Recommend forward investments in application areas and guide the efficient use of pre-allocated support resources.