This position is at the Oakland University TreeRunner location
The Park Monitor position provides guests with a safe experience through safety instruction and course inspections, and assists guests on trails and aerials. There is a strong focus on safety ensuring every aspect of the park meets TreeRunner safety and guest experience expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
- Must pass safety certification test
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize unsafe situation
- Ability to provide clear instructions
- Strong focus on professionalism
- Proficient in operating computers and handheld devices
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Treats every guest as a superstar.
- Conducts daily course inspections.
- Harnesses guests and works with all guest gear.
- Instructs guests regarding course and park safety.
- Assist guests as needed on aerial trails, platforms, and ladders.
- Monitors all customer activities within the park.
- Fairly applies all park rules and course guidelines.
- Completes janitorial duties.
- Completes grounds work and light maintenance tasks.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Assists with all park events and activities, and duties as assigned.
- Outdoors, exposed to weather and high places; Very hot or cold temperatures.
- Wears safety equipment such as harnesses, gloves, helmets.
- Physical demands of position include but are not limited to extensive walking, standing and climbing ladders.
- Must be able to tolerate heights.
- Must be able to lift or carry 30 pounds.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear.
Disclaimer - This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor or manager to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. All principle duties and responsibilities of this position are essential functions of the position. Job descriptions are reviewed on a regular basis and may be revised at any time. Revisions will be communicated to employees within the classification. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment; therefore, the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.