The Manual Bridgeport Milling operator will be responsible for setting up and operating a manual Bridgeport mill, performing piece inspection using micrometers, calipers and gauges.
- Set–up and operate a manual milling machine
- Perform operations to blueprint and specifications
- Perform quality control on parts being manufactured by using gauges, calipers and micrometers
- Maintain a high level of quality
- Knowledge of general machine preventive maintenance
- Adhere to all shop safety procedures
- Must be able to work with minimal supervisory oversight, and work both independently and within a team environment
- Complete required paperwork for each job
- Must have basic tools to perform job requirements
- Work efficiently, maximizing productivity and quality to meet our customer's on time delivery needs
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean or orderly condition
- Follow and improve shop processes
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential. Need to be able to lift and move 50 lb. load at a minimum.