SUMMARY The Pain Rehabilitation Center at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital has been achieving exceptional patient outcomes since the 1970s. Our program is multi-disciplinary, consisting of physicians, physician assistants, pain psychologists, physical therapists and occupational therapists. The program uses evidence based approaches to eliminate use of medications while teaching methods of relaxation techniques, exercise and other activity designed to manage and/or reduce their pain symptoms in order them to regain function and rejoin the life they wish to live.
The Mary Free Bed Medical Group (\\"Medical Group\\") Pain Rehabilitation Physicians are responsible for providing non-interventional medical services specializing in pain management and rehabilitation to the patients of Mary Free Bed. The medical services provided are within the mission, vision and values of the parent corporation, the Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
As an employee of the Mary Free Bed Medical Group (MFBMG), and working as a representative of this physician group, the MFBMG Spine Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) will:
* Work closely with MFB's highly skilled multidisciplinary team committed to evidence-based approach to spine care.
* Provide patient care in an outpatient setting to patients presenting with spine related problem.
* Maintains medical records in a timely fashion and cooperates with billing, peer review and compliance programs
* Identifies and promotes opportunities for improvement of care and actively participates in MFB quality initiatives
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* NP or PA will provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification or registration and as required by law and regulation.
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all referrals sources, MFB employees, consulting physicians, and MFBMG physicians and staff. Facilitates professional communication with each employee of the referring provider, MFB, and the MFBMG. Demonstrates excellent customer service standards and behaviors. Encourages, coaches, and monitors teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discreetly and sensitively with confidential information.
* Monitors customer satisfaction and facilitates problem solving with the MFBMG physicians, patients and families, and referral sources. Encourages a culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior, mutual respect, open communication, openness to change, enthusiasm, and pride.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of spine by reading appropriate books, journals, and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars and other related activities. Maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for all responsibilities. Completes required training and education, including department specific requirements.
* As directed by the MFBMG writes medication orders within approved protocols or in collaboration with the responsible physician. Completes required regulatory documentation in accordance with MFB policies, in collaboration with the responsible physician.
* Ensures that services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
* Performs individual assignments as management may direct. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the organization. Provides information to senior levels of management on the implication of policies and procedures being formulated and recommends specific actions.
* Participates in program development and service recovery as needed.
Essential Job Qualifications:
* Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Studies.
* Due to possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens and hazardous materials, must be able to understand and follow department policies related to employee safety.
* Must be competent with computer systems for the purpose of documenting patient care.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.
Employer's Job# 6543-3698
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.