NOW HIRING- Outdoor Recreation Manager & Assistant Manager
Big Bear Adventures is a River Adventure Outfitter and Family Fun Center. For over 30 years, we have been offering exciting Canoe, Kayak, Raft and Tube Trips on the Sturgeon River (the fastest and most challenging river in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula!) We also have a beautiful 18-Hole Adventure Golf Course, Ropes Challenge Course, Bumper Boats, and a General Store. Our goal is to enrich lives by helping guests to connect with family and friends while providing memorable outdoor experiences. We are seeking a full-time, year-round General Manager and a seasonal Assistant Manager to work towards this goal with us. These positions require the ideal candidates to plan, organize and coordinate safe movement of our guests and equipment to and from the Sturgeon River, and work hand in hand with our front desk staff. River and equipment knowledge, inspections, maintenance and repair of all equipment, organizing river clean-up days, engaging with our guests, knowledge of area, and its activities will be required. Scheduling and training of employees and coordinate “team building activities” with staff. Positions include supervisory responsibilities of up to 15 employees. Weekends and holidays are mandatory as these are the busiest times for all outdoor activities. This position will involve being “on-call” even when you are not at work. Our business involves a lot of moving parts and when something goes wrong our management team are the people who need to be available to step in and help!
- Love Northern Michigan for its unique outdoor adventures
- Have experience as a river paddler
- Are comfortable in a “Small Resort Town” (Indian River, MI)
- Are extremely organized
- Strive to ensure that every guest has the best possible experience
- Have proven leadership and teambuilding skills, (positive training makes a happy staff)
- Are mature, reliable and dependable
- Can remain focused and organized during busy and stressful periods
- Can handle any concerns or comments from guests
- Can help develop and maintain a positive relationship with our “river neighbors”
If you are outgoing, friendly and have a genuine love for everything outdoors, don’t hesitate, APPLY TODAY!
- Competitive Wages
- Bonus program (to qualified employees)
- Full-time summer employment (Possibility of year-round employment for the right candidates)
- A fun and unique work atmosphere
- Employee discounts
- Possible employee housing if needed (to qualified employees)
These Outdoor Recreation Management positions require: Studies in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent experience preferred. Chauffer’s license is mandatory. Follow all company guide lines, and direction as well as adhering to company philosophy and policies. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. occasionally and 50 lbs. frequently. Knowledge of all company equipment. This is a physically demanding position that will require most days spent outside and on or near the Sturgeon River. Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, able to easily multi-task and work on multiple projects with the same deadlines, excellent communication, writing, and editing skills, demonstrate a desire to learn further about business, marketing, and/or communications field skills, strong inter-personal skills, team player, with an ability to resolve complex issues with a positive attitude.
Visit our website for more info about us: www.bigbearadventures.com