Under the supervision of the Manager or Supervisor, serve guests in a timely and courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet and take food and drink orders from guests.
• Serve orders in an accurate, prompt and professional manner.
• Remain attentive to the guests throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding guest service standards.
• Remove trays or waste in a serving area; maintain and follow sanitation requirements.
• Complete all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing side work as instructed; polish glassware, and silverware.
• Set up tables, trays and carts.
• Maintain cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait station, and kitchen service area; adhere to the company, state and local health board requirements.
• Communicate effectively with Shift Supervisor, co-workers, and general public.
• Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the operations at all times. Provide solutions for customer concerns and continually focus on customer service as our top priority.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality and present a positive, professional demeanor and image at all times.
• The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Restaurant server experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass background check to meet the employment eligibility requirements as they pertain to the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of restaurant operations and food service principles.
• Knowledge of basic math and arithmetic.
• Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages, non-alcoholic, alcoholic, wine and deserts.
• Skill in providing excellent guest service.
• Skill in utilizing computer equipment and POS systems.
• Ability to create a friendly atmosphere and demonstrate excellent guest service.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
• Ability to deal with the public under stressful situations.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts.
• Frequent use of hands, wrists, fingers associated with delivery of food and drinks.
• Required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, and walking.
• Normal auditory, visual acuity, and verbal communications skills.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.