Innovative, professional and growing company is looking for a tool designer/engineer with extensive BIW tool design experience. Our target market is primarily automotive with a great deal of industry specific experience in Body in White applications. Our services include:
- Design and build of BIW assembly and welding tools
- Manufacturing applications systems integration
- Design and build of powertrain, pressroom and specialized equipment
Ideal candidate must be an experienced designer and a professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, knowledge in BIW best practices and lean processes. Candidate must be self-motivated, adept at handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work both independently or within a group.
Specific skill and experience requirements include:
- Proficiency with AutoCad, Catia and/or Unigraphics NX, FIDES experience is a plus.
- BIW assembly and welding tool design and detailing
- Ability to create CAD files in customer standards including 3D models
- Ability to read GD&T drawings
- Understanding and creation of RWD drawings
- Ability to read and understand cycle time charts
- Coordination and interface with robot simulation
- Good communication skills and customer presentation