Family Health Care is seeking a motivated and experienced professional to lead the organization as the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position has oversight of all practice sites and optometry. The COO assists the Chief Executive Officer in providing leadership, direction and administration of practice operations to ensure accomplishment of corporate objectives. This position has direct supervision of Site Facility Managers, Occupational Health Department, and Courier positions. The COO also works in conjunction with all department leadership to ensure compliance, risk reduction planning, and staff compliance in quality measures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in helping develop and operationalize the corporate strategic plan.
- Assists the CEO in risk management planning and implementation of programming related to risk management.
- Assists senior management in developing operational plans and budgets, including reporting/interpreting management data.
- Provides knowledge and insight to Site Facility Managers on daily operational processes.
- Identifies and analyzes operational problems/needs/areas of improvement, recommends solutions and changes, facilities workgroup processes for organizational change and improvement.
- Assists in organizational development, training and learning environment activities.
- Responsible for assisting in information technology and practice management system needs of the corporation.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the organizations Corporate Compliance Program. Presents Corporate Compliance Plan and evaluation annually to the Board of Directors.
- Takes reports or problems or violations of Corporate Compliance Program and coordinates investigations/corrections. Reports violations and outcomes annually to the Board of Directors.
- Trains individuals affiliated with the organization in compliance matters.
- Oversees the organization’s compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy regulations to create and implement policies procedures as they relate to corporate compliance. Provides annual report regarding violations and outcomes to the Board of Directors annually.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns, and resolves privacy-related complaints as they relate to the HIPAA.