The Machine Repair/Building Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance systems including processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Machine tools and control including CNC as well and manual milling machines
- Surface Grinding Equipment
- Facilities and Building equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and/or facility as required to meet company agenda.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Proactively troubleshoots equipment by means of observation, measuring and testing.
- Manufacturing of repair parts when possible by use of company tool room equipment.
- Reads and Interprets prints to ensure equipment is running properly and to develop predictive maintenance planning such as spare stock on wear items.
- Oversee and train subordinates to perform maintenance repairs and functions as required.
- Prepare and provide documentation, predictive measures and archive support documentation of planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Maintain Technical background by means of attending technical workshops, reviewing technical publications, establishing communication network with OEM and repair sources.
- Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and future needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintain statutory and regulatory compliance systems.
- OSHA requirements
- SDS/Right to Know
- Local Fire Codes
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Experience with CNC Repair
- Proficient with Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic diagrams and associate repairs
- Experience with Mattison and/or Thompson surface grinders
- General machining and grinding proficiency with tool room equipment
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Organizational Skills
- Proficient with predictive and preventative maintenance programs and systems
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
High School Diploma/GED
Craft Apprenticeship or 8 years of on the job experience
No Travel is expected of this position with the exception of travel between facilities when needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.