Provide the necessary departmental support to achieve optimal levels of productivity, quality, and delivery to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction as well as to comply with all internal and external environmental, health, and safety requirements.
Reports directly to the Tool & Die Supervisor. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Quality, Press Line Technicians and Facility Maintenance. Interfaces on an as needed basis with IT, Materials, Engineering, Accounting and Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
(Including, but not limited to):
- Support the enterprise’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie; Quality Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc.)
- Responsible for reporting all accidents or injuries, however minor, and all work place hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for following all plant/MIOSHA environmental, health and safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify that PPE is worn correctly at all times.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in the work area following 5S procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the operation.
- Complete alternate duties when primary duties are complete or not running.
- Participate in team problem solving activities as required.
- Interface with customers, contractors and suppliers as appropriate.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and registration through maintaining ISO 14001 & TS 16949 registration.
- Assist with plant activities as required to achieve quality, productivity & cost reduction goals.
- Supports die change operation.
- Communicate line issues to colleagues on other shifts.
- Assist in new job set-up.
- Assist in die breakdown and repairs.
- Assist in first/last piece approvals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proven work record.
- Root cause / problem solving ability.
- Journeyman’s card or equivalent experience working with large bodied class “A” dies.
- Troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
To all recruitment agencies: Tower International does not accept agency resumes without approval from the Talent Team. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tower employees or any other company location.Tower International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.