MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
The basic function of the TIG Welder position is to weld & fabricate very thin Stainless Steel, Chromoly, Inconel, Aluminum, and Titanium Engine Components. This individual will use hand-welding equipment to join metal components or seams of fabricated aerospace parts to customer specification. Must have sufficient understanding of the functional operation of the items to make minor modifications if necessary. May perform some trouble-shooting and rework of production items. Must be able to work from complex and detailed blueprints and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but will be a lead on the assigned shift.
This position sits in Warren, MI and will report to the Repair Supervisor.
- Prepare materials for welding; cuts, grinds and cleans metal.
- Read weld blueprints, engineered drawings, and follow work order requirements.
- Set up the welding machine for specific materials, thicknesses, and positions
- using complicated weld fixtures and weld positioner (turntable)
- Dimensionally inspects welds and other characteristics of parts being welded using tools such as calipers, protractors, and gauges.
- Inspects all parts for proper assembly and cosmetic defects. Tags any non-conforming parts with re-work labels
- Work outside department as required, primarily in belt and hand grinding
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times
- Follow all safety guidelines and wears all Personal Protective Equipment
- Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be proficient in the use of all gauges and inspection methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to read and interpret processes, procedures, and governmental regulations, write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and compliance agencies
- Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
- Certified to AMS-STD-1595 or ability to be certified to said standard. Must pass eye exam as defined below, as well as pre-placement and random drug and alcohol testing as mandated by the Department of Transportation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid US Passport
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.