MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk who is able to work in a fast paced environment, must have some computer skills, be able to drive Company van, forklift, and electric pallet jack, be available to work a 50 to 60 hour week packing and securing shipments.
This position sits in Sterling Heights, MI and will report to the Shipping and Receiving Manager.
- Be able to drive a fork lift and/or any type of material handling equipment safely and follow dock safety procedures.
- Receive inbound material and prepare shipments which includes physical preparation of product to be unloaded/shipped (repackaging, banding, and loading/unloading material on/off trailers) and shipping/receiving documents using Sytline (Bill of lading, packing list, scanners, bar code labelling).
- Follow all company EHS policies and procedures.
- Ensure truck drivers are following company EHS procedures as well as all suppliers and visitors.
- Update finished goods layout matrix.
- Receive raw material and put into storage using forklift and follow FIFO procedures.
- Ensure that raw material is in correct storage area.
- Update raw material inventory layout matrix on shared server drive.
- Keep filing system for both receipt and shipment documentation.
- Attach all traceability tags to the correct shipment documentation and maintain tracking of shipping containers.
- Ensure all non-production materials (engineering materials) are organized in storage racking (where available).
- Complete daily hi-lo checklists and ensure hi-lo equipment is properly charged/maintained.
- Conduct daily checks and responses using customer online portals.
- Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required and a minimum of 1 year of shipping/receiving warehouse or logistics experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- Must have forklift experience
- Ability to successfully pass hi-lo certification; previous experience preferred
- Must have a valid US Passport
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.