The Manufacturing and Quality Engineer at Elk Rapids Engineering (ERE) will contribute to the future success of the company by strategically influencing and assisting ERE engineering in developing robust manufacturing practices related to product design and assembly. Daily responsibilities and task will include, but not limited to:
- Create and execute process improvements, problem resolution, and project management activities related to the production of CNC tool and cutter grinders.
- Be a “leader of change”. This person must be comfortable working with all levels within the organization. They must be able to question the status quo and be a strong communicator.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals, as well as performance quotas.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
- Establish an effective and efficient work sequence for manufacturing process.
- Create work instructions, standard operating procedures, and quality control plans.
- Create and execute Lean Manufacturing improvement projects.
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
- Support development, implementation, maintenance, and oversight of the Quality Management System (SQE) at ERE.
- Documentation management (controlled documents/records).
- Metric/quality objective reporting.
- Schedule/organize/conduct internal and external quality audits.
- Coordinate gage calibration, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Initiate and support corrective/preventive actions.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities.
- Facilitate management reviews.
- Support planning, development, and implementation of process maps/flows and risk assessments
- Support employee training activities related to quality.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong Lean Manufacturing expertise.
- Computer proficient; confident in using ERP system (Infor Cloud Suite Industrial/SyteLine preferred), CAD (Autodesk programs preferred), and Microsoft Suite.
- Strong ability to influence peers for success across the engineering disciplines.
- Strong manufacturing support knowledge and experience.
- Proven ability to influence plant operations for engineering and business objectives without formal authority.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision, evaluate risk and make appropriate decisions.
- High energy self-starter who is enthusiastic and motivated to create operational gains in efficiencies through learning new skills.
- BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- 8+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Experience with quality preferred.