- Entry Level
Seeking qualified Mechanical Designer candidates for our Roseville, Mi office. The qualified candidate must have BS in Engineering or Intermediate. Candidate must demonstrate a sincere interest in automation including one or more of the following:
- Automotive Industry
- Medical Industry
- Construction/Cement Industry
- Furniture Industry
- Food Industry
This position provides technical support to our customers with product and/or service needs. The Design Engineer is responsible for working directly with customers to determine requirements, and transfer those into a design, working with the customer on size, environment, functionality, etc.
- Daily customer interaction to complete a design appropriate
- Work directly with various departments when quoting a design to understand the effects it may have on costs, performance, and quality.
- Support the sales team with sales goals and managing customers’ expectations
- Work directly with manufacturing to adjust and tweak design as necessary
- Occasionally work with R&D on various projects
- Design of high speed automated packaging machinery
- Designs, develops and test all aspects of mechanical components, equipment and machinery
- Generates 3D Solidworks complex assembly models, part models, and detail drawings
- Develops detailed drawings of parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies for machines.
- Generates parts list of manufactured and purchased parts.
- Leads projects from concept to customer acceptance.
- Manages multiple projects at one time
- Assists with developing operating manuals and assemble pertinent machine documentation when shipping a machine.
- Troubleshoots machines and supports checkout and FAT
- Assist Sales team quote customer projects
- Initiates the purchase and or the manufacture of parts via the tracking program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Interpersonal skills and ability to supervise people are a must.
- The incumbent will possess the necessary skills required to schedule efficient use of people and equipment to meet project schedules and deadlines.
- A working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, production equipment, policies and procedures, safety, and quality control standards preferred
- Organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities
- Ability to motivate, lead and coach others
- Ability to communicate effectively across various departments
- Ability to plan and work in a proactive manner
- Ability to work in a hands-on, industrial manufacturing environment
- Computer skills in MS Windows environment; proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Time management and organizational skills
- Active listening skills
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
- Electrical troubleshooting tools
- Calibration meters and instruments
- Factory test and measurement equipment
- Cameras and scanners
- VFD’s, Servos, Robotics
- Environmental controls