JR's Hometown Grill and Pub is seeking Line Cooks!
Pay Rate: $12-$15/hour, depending on experience. Daily meal plans included.
- Preps all ingredients and recipes to specification to ensure highest quality and taste.
- Properly stocks, rotates labels and stores product as set by the Culinary Department schematics and Health Department regulations.
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain high productivity and efficiency levels.
- Ensures cleanliness of food preparation areas, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of production, temperature, and quality.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years kitchen and food preparation processes and procedure but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid experience with food handling practices and current ServSafe certificate.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and follow instructions.
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Strong knife skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with staff and customers.
- Passion and knowledge of natural foods.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must have skills working with all culinary equipment such as knives, slicers, scales, and ovens.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive hand and arm motions daily such as scooping and cutting.