Truck Driver - Class A (Regional) (M-F - Home most weekends!)
Availability to be overnight 2-3 nights per week
CDL A Truck Drivers - are you looking for a career that will allow you to have a healthy work/life balance? Join our team at Natural Choice Foods, a family-owned company servicing wholesale and retail stores throughout the Midwest Regions.
At Natural Choice Foods we do not simply fill job openings, we offer you a career opportunity with one of the fastest-growing companies in West Michigan that believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. NCF is a family-owned business and we promote a family-style work environment.
As a company, we truly believe our success is rooted in the success of each and every employee and thus offer encouragement and support for you to grow as a member of our staff.
Natural Choice Foods Values:
- Customer Focused
- Act with a Sense of Urgency
- Quality Focused
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Transport and deliver freight over the road over in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Hook and unhook trailers; secure freight; install and remove tire chains as required by the weather.
- Load and unload assist, perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying freight. Equipped with a powered pallet jack.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects/repairs to Company personnel.
- Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License, with Manuel endorsement
- One year previous tractor/trailer driving experience (unless applying as a Student Driver)
- Knowledge of all applicable DOT Regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Meet all standards (medical, safety, etc.) required by the DOT and pass required drug/alcohol testing
- Acceptable background investigation results
- Able to be away from home with overnight stays in a sleeper cab. Available for round-the-clock trips and able to remain alert while driving for periods of up to 11 hours.
- Able to squat, crouch, and reach as needed to handle freight, able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab numerous times each day.
- Able to push and pull freight at a self-selected height with a force of 150 pounds.
Able to access and manually release fifth wheel lever and tandem pins which requires horizontal pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 44 inches and pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 38 inches.
- Able to occasionally carry or move freight weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions – both heat and cold.
Here are just some of what NCF has to offer:
- We offer competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available your first day of employment
- Life insurance
- 401(k) available at 6 months, including a company match
- Weekly pay
- 5-day work weeks, Monday-Friday. Home most weekends!
PLEASE NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and the Company reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.