The Resource Advocate may be called upon to do any or all of the following:
1. Assist in identifying isolated seniors in the community.
2. Provide one-on-one assessment, appraisal, referral and advocacy service for seniors according to their needs.
3. prepare required forms, records and reports.
4. Assign and supervise personal care/homemaker service.
5. Provide presentations of CoA services for service clubs, community agencies, and other related groups.
6. Continually update all datat for community agencies and resources.
7. Attend work oriented seminars and workshops.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in social work and one year of social work. Ability to communicate with client and staff. Empathy for seniors. Dependability and accuracy. Computer skills utilizing programs required for this position. Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license.