- Entry Level
Seeking qualified Robot Programmer candidates for our Roseville, Mi office with a willingness to travel. The qualified candidate must have BS in Engineering or Intermediate. Candidate must demonstrate a sincere interest in automation including one or more of the following:
- Robot programming (Fanuc, ABB, Kuka, Denso or Mitsubishi or any other)
- Process (Material Handling, Spot or Mig Welding, Sealers app, Vision, Laser Cutting)
- Networks (Devicenet, ControlNet, Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet)
- PLC interfacing (Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Omron)
This position is responsible for programming and operating robotic systems. The position also includes system maintenance, system performance tracking, and continuous improvement of the systems. The Robot Programmer develops, implements and maintains application software to established customer standards and specifications. The programmer develops application software using different programming languages. Modifies acquired application software using tables, profiles and other vendor supplied customization tools to reflect approved changes specified by our customers.
- Configure and program robots for a variety of purposes and applications.
- Robot and system debug and commissioning.
- Communicate effectively with teams on projects, and with customers.
- Ability to write advanced Karel programs for use in automated systems
- Implement application requirements related to robotic welding, joining, sealing, vision, laser cutting and material handling functions.
- Program a variety of different robots and robotic application based upon customer specification.
- Work with customers to implement the steps of system integration, assist with mechanical and electrical contractors to ensure the process quality is achieved.
- Provide complete documentation of robotic procedure, including a printout of robot path programs and all associated data fields.
- Ability to configure and setup various types of I/O interfaces
- Understanding of PLC to robot and Robot to PLC interface.
- Available to travel to internationally.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in software or engineering either at a bachelor level or from a technical college
- Significant experience with various programming languages and controls, such as C, C+
- Organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities
- Knowledge of robotic programming methods and principles
- Aptitude and ability to learn Kuka, Fanuc, ABB, or any others.
- Skills to coordinate with other engineers and programmers on large systems and machines
- Basic understanding of mechanical design and applications
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to update programs, prints, spreadsheets, etc.
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
- Electrical troubleshooting tools
- Calibration meters and instruments
- Factory test and measurement equipment
- Cameras and scanners