The Carpet Guys, L.L.C. has a rapidly-expanding sister company (Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair of Michigan) with a need for General Laborers, both immediately and for a pool of qualified candidates we can call upon as we grow. These will be long-term, full-time positions that offer benefits (medical, dental, optical and life insurance options) after 90 days.
We are seeking earnest and dependable individuals who enjoy physical labor, a client/”street ready” appearance, and a customer service/problem-solving mentality. These individuals will be trained on-the-job in construction, cement/masonry, excavation and other skilled trades. This is physical, hands-on labor, in almost any kind of weather (this is Michigan, after all!).
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be fluent in English with the ability to converse professionally with customers.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass random, monitored drug screens, as requested.
- The physical strength to repetitively lift fifty (50) pounds as well as move items of various weights and sizes; the ability to run heavy equipment, with proper training.
- Punctuality, attendance and a good work ethic.
- Double-plus: Previous basement waterproofing experience.
- Double-plus: Any previous experience working with concrete pouring or removal.
- Plus: Any previous experience in construction trades and associated skills.
- Plus: Chauffeur’s license and/or D.o.T. certification highly desirable. (Successful applicants will be expected to pursue and obtain certifications if they do not already possess them.)
- Plus: Bilingual speaking ability, particularly in Spanish or Arabic.
Entry wage is $13.08/hour with the possibility of overtime. We are currently accepting walk-in appointments for interview.
NO APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED. Those wishing to interview may visit our administrative offices between 10.00 a.m. - 3.00 p.m., Monday through Friday (except Friday, March 8). Our offices/showroom are located at 977 East Fourteen Mile Road, Troy, Michigan 48083 (just east of John R Road and Oakland Mall). The building is large and white, and is on the north side of the street (the Hanson’s/The Carpet Guys showroom and warehouse).
Enter the showroom through the main door. Inform the receptionist at the smaller, left-hand desk (The Carpet Guys) you would like a walk-in interview for BWM. After completing an application and a brief, electronic assessment, you will be able to meet with someone immediately. Please bring a résumé with you if you have one.
No third-party recruiters or inquiries, please.