Witco is growing and currently looking for highly motivated, reliable and experienced candidates to join our Lathe operations consisting of 17 CNC Lathes with Okuma and FANUC controls. Wages are competitive, negotiable and based on experience.
Candidates should have the following abilities:
- 3 - 5 years in set-up and adjustment of CNC Lathes
- G-Code Programming
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut
- Enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and material
- Change standard cutting tools and reset machine to proper size
- Adjust basic offsets to maintain part integrity
- Detect malfunction or out-of-tolerance consitions
- Holding of very tight tolerances to meet customer requirements
- Blue Print Reading
- Machining various types of materials
- Standard gauges and inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, dial bore, etc.
- Know the difference between variables and attributes
Having your own standard inspection equipment is a plus. Witco offers a gauge and tool purchase program to help our machinists build their personal inspection foundation or add to existing equipment.
- Full Time Employment with excellent benefits including medical and life insurance, 401K plan, pre-tax AFLAC offerings, and more.
- Monday – Friday 6:00am – 4:30pm, (10+ hours of overtime) with some Saturday mornings required
- Lunch 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- Drug testing and background checks are required for employment.
Located near Yale, Michigan, Witco Inc. is a precision CNC Turning, Milling, and Gear Cutting company that services various global industries, including Aerospace, Medical, Defense, Metal Mining, Oil and Gas and Outdoor Sporting Goods. We are a short run facility so typical build sizes range from 10-pieces to 500-pieces.