Solidworks Mechanical Designers apply engineering theories, real-world experience, and keen interpretation of customer needs to both configure our AGV models and design the custom load handling frames and other system components that they interact with. This role requires a working knowledge of mechanical principles and an understanding of CAD model design, manufacturing and assembly drawings, and product data management. Beyond the technical, an ability to communicate well with internal and external customers, through activities ranging from site visits to design reviews, is essential. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Travel to customer sites with Project Managers to understand needs; Apply technical knowledge to developing system and process concepts in sketches and SolidWorks models
• Download and translate customer product data and prepare data verification documentation for review
• Configure standard AGV models for specific customer applications utilizing database of standard parts
• Develop custom designs for load handling frames and other AGV system components
• Lead model integration, including subcontractor components, for large systems involving AGVs, tooling, conveyors, gantries, test stations, etc.
• Schedule activities to complete assigned tasks and projects, communicate and document requisite information per established Eckhart policies and procedures
• Develop new AGV models and make enhancements to current product line that improve performance, reliability, and manufacturability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Candidate must have previous CAD modeling experience, with SolidWorks the preferred package. The ability to remain organized, driven, flexible, and personable in a fast-paced environment with changing schedules and demands is required.