Are you looking for work that can provide a flexible hours, the ability to create your own schedule, and offer a variety of different work assignments? We've got the perfect opportunity for you! DK Security is recruiting for the position of On-Call Uniform SecurityOfficers in several cities throughout the state of Michigan*. *You will find the job description listed below.
TITLE: Uniform Security Officer (On-Call)
2nd/3rd Shift Monday-Sunday, 1st Shift Saturday/Sunday
5.5 hour to 12 hour long shifts available!
16-29+ hours per week (part-time)
SCOPE: Uniform Security Officers are responsible for protecting the construction site's building, equipment, grounds, assets, employees, and visitors against criminal activity, vandalism, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service. Our On-Call Uniform Security Officers will utilize their personal vehicles as a workspace, and will utilize their personal cell phones as a means to report on and off duty for each work shift.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts - this may include outdoor positions, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Most locations will be outdoors and will require the Officer to operate out of his/her personal vehicle (at a stationary post).
- Will utilize your personal cell phone to make hourly wellness phone calls into the DK Command Center during the overnight shifts.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines; including but not limited to:
- Will NOT smoke while in uniform or on company/client property.
- Will NOT bring a personal weapon onto company/client property.
- Will adhere to our Appearance and Grooming standards at all time while on duty.
- Will report potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair including lighting, plumbing, wet floors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter; which will test for the use of legal and illegal drugs, including marijuana.
- Must have a working cell phone and ability to make hourly wellness calls.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel to multiple locations.
- Must have a clean driving history, including but not limited to:
- Less than 3 moving violations in the previous 3 years.
- Less than 2 at-fault accidents in the previous 3 years.
- No major traffic/driving violations in the previous 3 years.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email. All scheduling and major employee communications will be communicated via email.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security's job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer
*REPORTS TO: * Regional Supervisor and/or Operations Manager
- Rate of Pay:$13.00/hour
- Mileage Reimbursement: $0.445/mile for any travel which requires you to drive more than 100 miles in a roundtrip. (Example: round trip is 150 miles, you'll be reimbursed for 50 miles).
- Benefits: For part-time employees, DK Security offers the following voluntary benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, critical illness, and short term disability.
Position: Uniform Security Officer (On-Call)
Location: Saginaw, MI
Job Id: 9600-050
# of Openings: 0