Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a full-time Career Services Specialist in the Petoskey office. This is a professional position involving direct customer contact. This position works collaboratively with Northwest Michigan Works! staff members to provide customers with a wide-range of career services.
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions
- Assists customers in completing initial registration.
- Explains services available to customers.
- Provides support and instruction to customers in using computer equipment and software, accessing Internet based systems and completing on-line forms.
- Assists customers as they complete their Pure Michigan Talent Connect profile and provide assistance as they navigate the system to identify appropriate job openings.
- Assists customers as they create a résumé, cover letter, and other documents related to job search.
- Helps customers identify appropriate employment opportunities by assessing and evaluating their work, education, and training background.
- Explains the local in-demand job market and employer expectations.
- Develops and facilitates workshops provided in the Center.
- Completes data entry to record services provided.
- Refers customers to other Northwest Michigan Works! services and programs, as appropriate.
- Connects customers to community agencies that may provide assistance to customers.
- Adheres to the highest customer service standards.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates Degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor in a positive manner
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and other software.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time salaried position paying $35,000 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.
Networks Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.