Provide leadership, training and resources for continuous improvement to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Company''s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provide key input into the development of the Plant''s strategic business plan and identify and track key measurable to support plant business plan goals.
- Develop and drive the development of departmental strategic goals and identify and track key measurable to support the department goals.
- Guides the design, development and implementation of cost reduction plans to improve competitiveness and operational excellence.
- Guides the design, development and implementation of process improvement initiatives and activities throughout the plant to improve competitiveness and operational excellence.
- Review and measure manufacturing methods, technology application and workflow processes and apply lean/continuous improvement application skills.
- Responsible for working with the leadership team to plan, execute, monitor and continuously improve plant and corporate objectives.
- Provide support and guidance to all departments in the application of lean/continuous improvement manufacturing techniques.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Tower Automotive Production System, anticipate problems, implement corrective action and develop adjustments to the system.
- Guides the design, development, implementation and monitoring of verification methods to ensure team members are gaining knowledge from the training and that the continuous improvement activities are sustainable long term.
- Track, monitor and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Direct and drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer issues.
- Assist with plant activities to achieve customer cost reductions goals.
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Drive plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, Pentastar, etc.)
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required procedures in performing daily activities and hold direct reports accountable for enforcement.
- Provide leadership essential to maintaining safety as a fundamental priority in plant based activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary training, tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, and to verify individual usage of personal protective equipment by the entire work team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports to the Plant, Operations or Engineering Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Maintenance, Materials and Quality. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, Finance and IT
- Provides direct leadership and supervises continuous improvement staff in the plant.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in business related field, prefer manufacturing, engineering or quality, Master''s Degree preferred.
- Minimum six (6) or more years experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in a metals environment preferred, or a combination of degree and experience.
- Possess knowledge of plant department functions and corresponding roles and interactions to facilitate overall plant synergy.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive operating techniques into applications and results.
- Specialized knowledge and the ability to train and mentor others in formal problem solving techniques such as Kaizen, value stream mapping, JIT synchronous, SMED quick die change, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in quality and environmental measurables such as TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
To all recruitment agencies: Tower International does not accept agency resumes without approval from the Talent Team. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tower employees or any other company location.Tower International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.