BMT Aerospace has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift Final Gear Inspector at their Fraser, MI location in response to growth! Positon requires Training on 2nd Shift (Nights) for 4 to 6 months to learn the position, After training is complete, candidate will transfer and stay on the Day Shift.
We are a well-established growing company that must prepare our team and systems for the future. This is a perfect opportunity for a Final Gear Inspector with manufacturing experience in a low volume precision machining environment.
Final Gear Inspectors use predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications to inspect visually, in process and completed mechanical units and subassemblies. Inspectors are expected to have working knowledge of inspection equipment they may be used in the inspection process. They are also expected to understand blueprints, specifications, and work instructions. Inspectors must be self-starters and problem solvers. They will be working with other departments and must be able to relate well with co-workers.
- Calibration & control of inspection instruments
- Setup & Issue inspection gaging
- Customer/Subcontractor, interface/interact
- Control of customer supplied gauging
- Control of age sensitive materials
- Coordinate subcontracting instrument calibrations
- Create & maintain calibration database
- Generate purchase requisition(s) for repairs/new instruments
- Tooling inventory control and distribution
- Receipt and identification of tooling
- Perform condition assessment of tooling
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years minimum experience required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to validate inspections, interpret GD&T blueprints, perform shop math
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent communication skills-ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers, suppliers and employees
- Having their own inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, indicators etc.) is a plus
BMT Aerospace and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. BMT Aerospace provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Human Resources to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.