#790 GLOBAL IT INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER
* At this time USDI is not sponsoring applicants for work visas*
The Global IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for playing a hands-on role planning, directing, and coordinating the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
- Develop, configure, maintain, support, and optimize all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links
- Implement long-term strategic goal of moving all local hardware solutions to cloud-based solutions
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed systems
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, etc.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base
- Test network and server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- 2+ years successful leadership of an infrastructure team
- Experience working within an ITIL environment (certification would be preferred)
- Experience with IT project management (certification would be preferred)
- Experience in management of large-scale ICT infrastructure estate either in a fully outsourced or multiple provider scenario
- Experience with service and application delivery and service level agreements
- Experience with current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- Experience interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws)
- Experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, etc.
- Experience with system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems
- Experience in the Automotive industry
Be Unique! Join us at USDI – Unique Systems Design, Inc.
We provide fast-to-market technical solutions by finding win-win relationships between our candidates and our customers.
We have been in the business of consulting our candidates and our customers for over 32 years and we specialize in technical engineering challenges.
Let us put our vast experience with major OEM’s, suppliers, and candidates to work for you and help you with the next step in your career journey.
*We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to sponsor at this time*