GEDIA Michigan offers competitive pay and benefits including health care, 401k, holidays, vacation and an exceptional place to work. We are a multicultural organization that is growing and looking for people who want to be part of the team.
An opportunity exists for a motivated team player to join our tier 1 Production Department in the automotive stamping industry. This individual will be a working shift supervisor. The qualified individual will oversee and possibly operate various production machines such as, robotic welders, projection welders, automatic presses and manual stamping on our second shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment operating various production machines, specifically projection welders, robotic welders, automatic presses and or manual stamping.
- Must have knowledge of stamping and forming techniques.
- Supply presses and welders with empties, WIP parts, purchase parts and pick up finished goods, so that operators do not have to interrupt production to get supplies.
- Coordinate weld fixture changes to make sure maintenance sets up welder according to schedule, first off parts are approved.
- Make sure production orders for next jobs are available.
- Track stock of production supplies like lubricants, weld gas and weld rod.
- Confirm daily production numbers in SAP.
- Correct production orders and labels to match produced quantities.
- Track production hours and parts made per shift.
- Track overtime of employees.
- Schedule employees to machines and possible overtime.
- Must be a team player, problem solver and have quality awareness.
- Perform in-process quality and identity checks according to operator check sheets and the instructions given by process control.