Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking full-time entry level Operations Team Members to join our world-class high-performance team based Oriented Strand Board Mill located in Grayling, Michigan
- Responsible for the daily operation of manufacturing equipment that produces oriented strand board
- Perform regular Preventive Maintenance and clean-up on equipment
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Problem solves and troubleshoots equipment and issues on a regular basis
- Regularly involved in process improvement projects
- Operate fork lifts and other mobile equipment to manage product flow
- Perform quality checks and ensure production of a quality product
- Complete shift paperwork and record keeping.
- Attend team meetings and regular skills training sessions.
- Responsible for many items traditionally managed by leadership such as managing performance, conducting training, capital projects and leading safety
Weyerhaeuser grayling team members work unsupervised and make team decisions. Initiative, communication and teamwork skills are very important in this position
Competitive starting wage along with Gainsharing bonus opportunities. Initial raise after completion of a probationary period and regularly thereafter based on skill and contribution. Competitive benefits package includes a 401K match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage, and holiday and vacation pay.
- High School Diploma or GED, Eligible to work in the United States
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Good communication skills
- Experience in self-directed team environment is a plus
- Able to perform basic math and use computers
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing process
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting
- Industrial Manufacturing experience is a plus