• Maintain network and infrastructure solutions that are centered on Windows 2012/Active Directory, Storage Area Networks (SANs), VMware and Cisco converged network including network security.
• Ability to research, implement and maintain the following technologies and communicate effectively:
o Cisco Unified Communications Servers (VoIP and Voicemail systems)
o Checkpoint Firewall systems
o Cisco switches and routers
o VMware vSphere
o Data Domain backup
o Voice gateways
o SIP voice and data circuits
o Office 365 architecture
• Manage all aspects of the network infrastructure including VLAN design, routing, DHCP scopes, network addressing, SNMP, QOS, VPN and cabling requirements.
• Understanding of telecommunication technologies (voice circuits, SRST, wiring standards, Fax servers) and ability to work with vendors and various departments.
• Thorough understanding of basic and advanced network routing protocols.
• Actual experience working with Cisco command line operating systems (routers and switches)
• Network communication and other protocols and the OSI model. Protocols include but not limited to TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SIP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, FTP, RTP, SNMP, STP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, etc.
• Ability to configure and understand VLANs, subnetting and appropriate addressing procedures.
• Must professionally interact with existing technology staff and offer technical expertise when needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION: Standby Pay can be earned for up to 50 weeks of the year. This compensation pays 1 hour of straight time per day for being on-call after hours, holidays and weekends. Overtime pay is also available.
o Must Have :Cisco CCNP Certification
• 2+ years administering a Firewall, VmWare, and SANs; VmWare Certification Pro VCP desired.
• 3+ years administering a Cisco VoIP environment in a production environment
• 5+ years administering Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365,
• 5+ years designing network and security solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or 10+ years of equivalent work experience) in a related field plus 1 of the following certifications: VmWare Certification Pro VCP Microsoft MCSE
VmWare Certification Advanced Pro VACP is desired Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Applicants MUST pass a level 3 comprehensive background clearance performed by the Southfield Police Department.
Applicants will be invited to further participate in the selection process based on the nature and extent of their related experience, training, and/or certification. The selection process will include a review of the applicant's experience for posted requirements, criminal history and driving record check, and an oral board interview. Each step of the process must be passed before the applicant will be moved to the next step.
This announcement is only a summary of the position, its duties, job requirements and compensation. Further information is available from the Human Resources Department. The City of Southfield does not discriminate in its employment or any other programs or activities on the basis, of sex, race, color, age, height, weight, marital status, national origin, religion, arrest record, physical or mental disability, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected category. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability if requested.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/H, DRUG FREE WORKPLACE